Tuesday, February 15, 2005

New York Anyone?

My wife proved her graciousness yet again this morning. For the last few weeks we have been casually discussing vacation destinations for our first anniversary coming up in June. We were looking really seriously at Boston last night, but I wasn't able to find two Red Sox tickets together anywhere in May or June. I could have settled for a single obstructed view ticket here or there, but I don't think my wife would have liked to sit in a hotel while I went to a ballgame.

Anyway, this morning, I lazily went to the Yankees homepage to see if there were any available tickets for any game in June. I was surprised to see the Cubs were in New York the week I was planning on going on vacation. I remember seeing those games on the Cub schedule earlier, but I dismissed it immediately as I thought the games would have easily been sold out. Well, just for the sadistic love of seeing the "Error: there are no tickets available at this quantity" message you get on the MLB ticket sites, I decided to wing a shot at two tickets to Yankee Stadium - Friday, June 17.

There were two available... And I had two minutes to decide to purchase them.

My wife proved her unchanging love for me again as I drug a groggy headed wife next to my computer early in the morning to ask her if she could decide on a vacation to New York in 1 minute, 47 seconds. Well, all is well in Cubland as the tickets are on their way to my house. Now I just have to figure out the rest of the vacation. Something tells me I might be doing a bunch of "wife things" on the other days of this trip.