Friday, March 11, 2005

Wood Back in Chicago

"It was just a matter of him going back and seeing our team doctor. Right now, it's nothing. We just decided to do this for a precautionary sake." -- Dusty Baker

Now, I am hoping Baker is right here, but after all the downplays on the injuries last year, I don't know what to believe. I was spoon-fed the slop that Cub management was serving last year and I don't feel like eating any more. Remember this: "Mark Prior is fine, he'll probably just miss his first start." All of a sudden he doesn't start until the June timeframe. What about Kerry Wood last year? "He's ok, we'll just take a look at his arm and he'll probably just sit out one week." Apparently, to the Cubs old training staff, one week equates to two months. I'm hoping they've come back to reality this year, but I really don't know what to expect at this point.