Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Am I Missing Something?

So I tune into the game preparing to see the Cubs take on the San Diego Padres and Adam Eaton. I figure we're going to see Jerry Hairston penciled in at second since Todd Walker has been placed on the DL after Carlos Lee's chop block at second the day before (I thought it was clean for the record). But I was in for a surprise. Well after thinking about it I shouldn't have been surprised. Who's at second? Oh that's right, Neifi Perez.

During The Leadoff Man Dusty Baker tried to rest his decision on Neifi having an edge in the experience department with Adam Eaton. Well, Neifi sure took advantage of this valuable experience didn't he? The only production we've seen from him all year is one single and one sacrifice hit. I'm not big on early season stats, but this is not going to be a short cold streak. We're going to see this all year from Baker until the radio shows start griping and the fans start booing the starting lineups.