Thursday, August 11, 2005

Grace in the News

Since there really isn't much to talk about in terms of the Cubs playing decent baseball, I figured I'd post some ex-Cub news. Arizona Diamondbacks colorman and former Cub Mark Grace fell victim to a faulty "talk back" feature during a broadcast between the Diamondbacks and Marlins. Apparently Grace thought his comments were not making it to the broadcast, but his words got through to all people watching the Fox Sports broadcast. Grace uttered three expletives, but isn't likely to face any disciplinary action.

I wonder what would make it to the air if we put a mic in Jim Hendry's booth or the Cub dugout for that matter. For all those Bear fans, I remember a Bear game when I was only about 12 or 13 where one rather large expletive was said. I was watching a Bear game on local TV with my dad and the camera panned over to a lone Alonzo Spellman who was resting on the bench. He took one look at the camera and screamed the mother of expletives at the top of his lungs. Needless to say, I haven't seen that happen very often.