Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I stumbled upon some of these quotes Cub fans might be interested in:

"It's hard to put your finger on it. You have to have a dullness of mind and a spirit to play here. I went through phsycoanalysis, and this helped me deal with my Cubness." Jim Brosnan, former Cubs pitcher.

"Noise poluttion can't be that much of a problem, theres nothing to cheer about at Wrigley Field" Stae Rep. John F. Dunn, debating for the instalation of lights at Wrigley Field.

"If I managed here, I would be an alcoholic." Whitey Herzog, former Cardinal Manager.

"There's nothing wrong with this team that more hitting, more pitching, and more fielding couldn't help." Bill Buckner.

"You get tired of looking at garbage in your own backyard." Former Cubs manager Lee Elia, in 1983 when asked about management replacing so many players, Elia was fired later that season.

"The only bad thing about being released by the Cubs, was they made me keep my season tickets." Ken Reitz, ex-Cub 3rd baseman.

"One thing you learn, as a Cubs fan, when you bought your ticket, you could bank on seeing the bottom of the ninth inning." Joe Garagiloa, former broadcaster.

"The Cubs took batting practice from a pitching machine today, and the pitching machine threw a no-hitter." Bob Uecker

"Would the lady that left her 9 kids at Wrigley Field please pick them up immediately, they're beating the Cubs 4-0 in the bottom of the 7th." Bob Uecker.

"The Chicago Cubs are like Rush Street, alot of singles but no action." Joe Garagiola.