Saturday, September 03, 2005

Well the events in Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi this week are certainly reminders that they are more important things than whether or not Carpenter is going to get his 20th W tonight. Or whether or not Dusty Baker will survive the season. They are also more important things than how much I am paying for a gallon of gas.

I am thankful today for so many things. Thankful for electricity. Thankful that I have a job to go to. Thankful that I was able to sleep in my own bed this morning, and it wasn't even under water. Thankful that I have fresh water to drink, thankful for the good breakfast I just ate, and thankful to know that when I get hungry later on today I will be able to get something to eat then too. Thankful for my worldy possesions though insignificant and meaningless in the whole scheme of life, but thankful none the less because though they are with me now, tomorrow they may be gone.

Lest I just be grateful for the good things, I'm also greatful for the bad. You see if not for the tragic things in life I wouldn't know how trully blessed I am. I am thankful for the days I had nothing, thankful for the loss of close friends because atleast I got some time to know them and know they impacted my life in a positive way.

Most of all I am thankful for grace and mercy of God, no matter where I go I am in His hands. Theres no place else I'd rather be.