Monday, October 24, 2005

FROM THE RED STATES

If any of our readers are here expecting to see the picture of me wearing the Cubs hat, you were screwed. Lest any of you think I somehow chickened out, destroyed Chris' camera, or killed Chris and buried him in the basement of my house to avoid wearing the hat, I must explain...I was not the one who screwed you guys.

As I stated in a response to Chris post, where I announced that I was a man of my word and would wear the hat, I was ready and willing yesterday when I showed up to church. Chris and I went to the Notre Dame/BYU game on Saturday and we agreed that I would wear the hat at church the next day. So when I got to church yesterday I made a bee line for Chris' office, only to find an empty office. So I did the right thing and asked around if anyone had seen Chris, where I found out he was attending the first service. So I excused myself, used the restroom, and then came back to Chris' office to find him inside.

Totally ready to humiliate myself I told him to give me the ridiculous hat. The hat was there, I was ready to do it, so what happened you ask? Well Chris screwed you guys because he forgot his camera. I felt this was not my problem and we discussed this and Chris wanted to wait until next Sunday. So against my better judgement I reluctantly agreed to wait, even though I was clearly ready, the hat was there, everything was in order except for Chris and his digital camera. So I expressed great humility and will wait until next Sunday.

However, I must say this Sunday is it, if Chris forgets again, I will wear the hat and there will be no picture for you guys to enjoy. So if that happens you can thank Chris for that.