Monday, May 15, 2006


What a fool looks like..........

Obviously there is nothing more to say about the 2006 edition of the Chicago Cubs. The prophet Christoper has proven to be as accurate as Isaiah. This is getting embarrassing, and I've been a Cub fan for a long time. Tooo long. Looks like the highlight of the season will be Pierre's robbing Bonds of # 714 (temporarily). The only questions that remain are: will the Sox repeat; and if so, will that add enough embarrassment to drive change on the north side? The answer to the first one is "maybe", and to the second one "I doubt it". Mediocrity has been perfected and transformed to profitable success on the north side. I don't believe Tribune Co. wants to change that. Since there is nothing more to say I'll just shamelessly sign off with a personal picture documenting too many years of yearning. I suppose Randy would call me a "ledgie". But a fool seems more appropriate.